Wednesday 9 February 2011

Music

We read all three Conversations with God books and started being drawn to other spiritual books, it was as if another door had opened in our lives and I really felt that i was at the start of a journey but I didn't have a clue where it would lead me but i felt an inner calm and peace with that which for me, who is usually someone who has to have everything laid out and a plan in place to be content, it was a new experience.
I started viewing my life and that of people around me in a different and more revealing and understanding light and felt more in control of my life than ever before. I had more patience, more inner strength, more inner happiness and more appreciation of the beauty around us.

I found a classical crossover group several years ago called Il Divo and there was something about the music and the voices which just made such a difference to me, i could walk down the road on a grey, miserable day with my headphones on and the world would brighten up, the colours looked brighter around me and i had a strange sensation deep inside me. I could be feeling stresses at home and in an instant of playing their music the world was a better place, the stress just disolved and everything was perfect.
It was after reading the three Conversations with God books that i knew that Il Divo reached my soul, a part of me i had forgotten about at some point. It was more than just liking the group and their music, i had never felt like this with any other music even when i was a teenager, it definately started awaking a part of me that had been asleep for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment